If no internet access is available, it is possible to manually send aircraft models from one iOS device to another locally via AirDrop.
To transfer an aircraft using this method:
- On your first (source) device, tap Settings > Aircraft Type Database and select your aircraft type from the list
- Power up your second (target) device and start AvPlan EFB
- Ensure both devices have Air Drop activated:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to reveal Control Centre
- Press and hold on the Aeroplane Mode icon
- Tap AirDrop
- Select Everyone
- Dismiss Control Centre by tapping the AvPlan EFB screenshot
- On your source device, tap Settings > Aircraft Type Database > [your type] > Send aircraft details
- Wait until your target device appears in the AirDrop section of the popup
- Tap to select
- On your target device, tap Accept from the popup options
- A confirmation will appear. If that aircraft type is already on the device, a Duplicate Type Found warning will pop up. In this case, select Remove Old to replace the existing profile with this correct new one.
Need more help with this?
Help Centre (Tap and hold to open the Link)