AvPlan EFB can be linked to Dropbox to enable quick importation of PDF and other documents. When you link to Dropbox a folder in your Dropbox account called ‘AvPlan EFB’ will be created. Copy any PDF, Text, Word, JPG, PNG, HTML or similar documents into the folder that you wish to make available inside AvPlan. The file will then be viewable inside the Txt/DropBox/xyz folder where you have saved it.
- Ensure you have the Dropbox app installed on the device, and that app is signed in to the particular Dropbox account you wish to use for storage.
- Within AvPlan EFB, tap Text > Dropbox, then tap on the Link Account button and follow the prompts to allow permissions etc. This process will also create a folder in your Dropbox folder/file structure called AvPlan EFB (inside the Apps folder).
- Any .PDF files you add to this folder will sync via the cloud and be visible in AvPlan via Text > Dropbox. The first time you open the file it will save to the device.
In addition, if you create sub-folders in your ‘AvPlan EFB’ folder named with an airport name or identifier, navaid identifier or the name of a user waypoint, then any that are PDF documents will appear on the Terminal pane when viewing that airport, navaid or user waypoint.
For example, you are invited to a fly-in event at Echuca. The organisers send you taxiing and parking instructions in a PDF file.
To do this:
- Open your Dropbox app, or open Dropbox on your desktop computer.
- Create a subfolder called YECH within the AvPlan EFB folder.
- Inside the newly created YECH folder, place the document(s) and it/they will appear at the end of the usual documents in the Terminal page for Echuca. (i.e. swiping right-to-left)
Need more help with this?
Help Centre (Tap and hold to open the Link)