Today Apple released the latest edition of their mobile operating system, iOS 11. We’ve done extensive testing and there are no apparent issues with our current release, AvPlan EFB 7.4.5. If you are not running AvPlan EFB 7.4.5, open the App Store and tap Updates.
Even with the testing we have performed we recommend some caution when upgrading to iOS 11. We recommend that you upgrade one device at a time (over a period of days) and leave one of your devices on iOS 10 for the next week or so (just in case there are some undiscovered issues in iOS 11).
Learn more about iOS 11 at https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-11/
Come visit the AvPlan EFB team at AirVenture Australia at Narromine Airport, October 19 to 21. The AvPlan EFB team will be on hand showing all that’s new and upcoming with Australia’s premier EFB platform.
Visit us at the show for some special giveaways and a whole lot more! Hope to see you there!
AvPlan EFB 7.4.2 is now available from the App Store as a free update for all subscribers. In this maintenance release we have
- Updated the Text pane with a much improved document navigation layout
- Updated the DropBox interface to support folders
- AvPlan EFB now downloads briefings automatically again. You can also double tap the map to view an Area Forecast.
- You can double tap the route to display and hide the LSALT view/calculator
- We’ve resolved some performance issues with the temporary restricted area display
Data updates valid from the 22nd of June 2017 are now available for download.
For Australian pilots there are updated Country Airstrip Guide pages for download.
For New Zealand pilots there is an updated AIP SUP.
For US pilots there are updated Sectional, IFR enroute charts plus new AFD and terminal procedures for download.
All updates can be downloaded by opening AvPlan EFB and tapping Settings, Data Downloads, Update. Data will download in the background and automatically switch over at midnight on Wednesday night.