Satellite Map – AvPlan EFB 7.6
AvPlan EFB 7.6
AvPlan EFB 7.6 is now available in the App Store as a free update for all users. In this release we have added a new satellite view under Weather which covers both Australia and New Zealand. This is a high resolution satellite overlay which updates every 10 minutes.
The satellite view can display;
- Visible Colour
- Visible Greyscale
- IR Greyscale
- IR (Zehr enhanced)
Tap the radar icon at the top right to change the display. Additionally there are controls at the bottom to animate the view, plus the ability to step backwards and forwards. The time (in local time) that the image was taken is also displayed at the bottom of the screen.
AvPlan EFB 7.6 also includes the following small enhancement and fixes;
- Fix a few layout issues on iPhone X, plus add back the cursor and other controls at the bottom of the map on the iPhone X
- Boost app performance on older devices
- Fix an issue when the quick edit box and the add waypoint button are used at the same time
- Fix an issue when displaying TTF METARs in plain text
- Tune the auto-routing algorithm to better handle Adelaide
- Restore screen brightness when ‘fade to black’ is active and the home button is pressed
- Fix some issues when user waypoints are used in the Quick Route Editor
- METAR and TTF remarks are now displayed in the plain text METAR display
- Purge the synthetic vision cache when deleting old data
AvPlan EFB 7.6 is our first release of 2018 and we hope you have enjoyed all the additions we have added in the past 12 months, such as real time weather, real time flight notifications, New Zealand TAF, METAR and ARFORs, KML/KMZ map overlays, wireless flight plan transfer from Command Flight Planner and our new Weather tab with support for the new Australian Graphical Area Forecasts.
We are busy planning the year ahead, so look forward to a completely revamped flight plan index, weather cameras and a lot of other features that we have had in production for a while.
Thank you for all your support, suggestions and ideas. We could not keep doing what we are doing and being the fastest growing EFB company in Australasia without you.