AvPlan EFB 9.3
AvPlan EFB 9.3 is now available for all subscribers in the Apple App Store. This release adds support for a new dark mode theme for the app. Users can selectively choose between the light or dark theme, or have the app follow the system setting.
AvPLan EFB 9.3 also includes
- Text (SMS) messages can be automatically sent when you take off or land
- The time since the last TAF/METAR/ATIS/NOTAM update is displayed on the Terminal pane
- Enterprise users can sign a load sheet prior to printing/sending/archiving
- Lots of improvements around aircraft loading
- Lots of usability improvements
Dark mode will follow your system setting (Light/Dark) which can be all light, all dark or follow a schedule (for example, having the iPad change from light mode to dark mode at sunset).
By tapping on the brightness button in AvPlan EFB on iPad (or Settings, User Settings, Dark Mode/Light Mode on iPhone) you can also change to always Light mode, or always Dark mode.
Flight Event Messages
Flight events can now be automatically sent via SMS to other people to let them know you are airborne and have arrived at your destination. Enter in their mobile number and flight events will be automatically sent.
AvPlan Live must be enabled, and you’ll need cellular reception at your takeoff and landing points for the system to detect those events.
Open AvPlan EFB and tap Settings, AvPlan Live and add mobile numbers there.
Flight Event Messages is a feature which required the Standard Plus or Premium subscription.
As you fly, AvPlan EFB automatically keeps the relevant TAF, METAR, ATIS ant NOTAMs up to date. These updates occur when your device has internet access, and are saved for use for the times when internet access is not available.
There are times when you need to know when the last weather update has occurred, and force the app to update to ensure you have the most up to date information.
On the Weather/NOTAM page under Terminal the last weather and NOTAM update time is displayed, plus a refresh button to force the app to request updated weather and NOTAMs
Load Sheet Signatures
Enterprise users can now digitally sign their load sheets with a real signature. Once signed, the load sheet can be printed, emailed or saved for compliance purposes.
Load sheets can be signed under either Planning, Weight and Balance, or Planning, Preview Load Sheet.
The document will be signed as long as no changes are subsequently made to the aircraft flight plan or loading.
AvPlan EFB will now highlight important terms in NOTAMs to greatly speed up the analysis of NOTAMs. Recently created NOTAMs are also highlighted in yellow as well.
New NOTAMs that are newly issued which affect your planned flight will also be sent directly to your device and appear in the app under Planning, Flight Notifications.
There are a bunch of other smaller tweaks and improvements in AvPlan EFB 9.3
- New Stage button has been added to the flight plan nav log to add a new stage
- The aircraft performance profile can be selected and the desired profile can be changed (for aircraft with multiple performance profiles)
- You will receive a warning when you attempt to file a flight plan more than 24 hours in the future.
- Helicopter Landing Sites will appear in Nearest Items when the HLS overlay is enabled on the map
- Fix an issue where the winds would not always update
- Add an option to export a flight plan to ForeFlight Mobile. Tap the Send button under the flight plan.
- Add a Fuel column to the flight plan on iPad when viewing the plan on the left of the screen
- Greatly improve support of iPad multitasking
- Negative loads can be entered into a load station (to indicate a seat has been removed for example)
- Passenger manifests and load sheets is no longer in the Standard subscription.