AvPlan EFB 9.4
AvPlan EFB 9.4 is now available in the Apple App Store. In this release we have added
- New airport weather widget on many airport information pages
- Airport weather widget which can be added to your device Home Screen
- Completely new airport list for the Terminal pane
- More information on flight logs page.
- Aircraft overload/underload state on the weight and balance page
- Most recently accessed document types are now pinned to the top of the Text pane
Additionally, the AvPlan Enterprise Cloud has had a major update. EFB administrators can now upload a bunch of new content and have it sync effortlessly with their company devices;
- Documents (which then appear under Text in the app)
- Airport Plates (which are linked to an airport under Terminal)
- User Waypoints
- KML & KMZ overlays
Contact our sales team to have this capability enabled on your existing Enterprise account.
The new Airport Weather widget displays the runway layout, wind direction and weather conditions (with the same colour codes) on the dial. Where space allows, all details from the latest METAR are also displayed.
Pop your device home screen into Edit Mode (where all the apps wiggle in fear of being deleted) and tap the Plus icon at the top right to select the AvPlan EFB Widget
The airport list on the Terminal pane has been completely updated. The list of airports will now automatically show you the nearest airports, with the Airport Weather widget displaying runway layout and weather conditions. The bearing and distance (based on your current location) is also displayed.
There is also the option to restrict the view to only airports in the current flight plan. (See Nearby / Plan) and you can search for any airport as well.
The AvPlan EFB Flight Logs have had an update in this release. We’ve added labels on the speed/altitude graph and it is now interactive. Tap on the profile and the speed and altitude is displayed. Additionally, the location on the map is also represented with the green dot.
Use a zoom gesture to zoom and pan around as well.
Users with many flight logs will also note that the logs load super-fast now.
The weight and balance envelope now displays the current overload/underload state.
Additionally we have added the following small tweaks and improvements;
- Improved linking airport information to waypoints in your plan. (For all those places where an NDB has been replaced by an IFR waypoint)
- Fixed an issue where the plain text TAF could be garbled
- User waypoint syncing can be turned off
- Importing user waypoints from a GPX file will not result in an empty plan being created
- Descriptions from imported plans will be displayed correctly in the plan list
- Load sheets for a multi-stage plan can be individually signed.
- Add Flight Advisor for the RNZAF
- Fix issue where Route button could turn last point (airport) into a waypoint at that location
- Resolve an issue where the runway layout in the airport icons could be incorrect.
- Resolve an issue where printing a blank flight plan report might not be blank
- Subtract holding fuel from fuel on board when performing additional fuel calculations