AvPlan EFB 7.3
We’re pleased to announce that AvPlan EFB 7.3 is now available in the Apple App Store as a free update for all subscribers. This release adds a bunch of new fields for the HUD, a new crosshair display, smaller database download sizes, updates to NZ preflight briefings and more.
The HUD has had a refresh in this release, making the background darker for better contrast. On iPhone an additional view HUD cells are now available.
Additionally we have added a few really useful new fields;
- Rate of descent to destination (in feet/min)
- Your ETA at your destination
- Current QNH (from nearest METAR)
- Current surface winds (from nearest METAR)
To change a HUD field, use a long press on a cell and the other options can be selected.
We have added a crosshair display on the Enroute (Map) page. These allow you to precisely place user waypoints with reference to a map, satellite view or street map view. Once located, tap on the centre of the crosshairs to add a user waypoint at that location.
User waypoints can also be easily edited in this release. A long press on a user waypoint in the nav log will bring up an edit option. Additionally, when viewing a user waypoint on the Terminal pane you can tap an information button and edit its details there as well.
In this release we have greatly reduced the size and increased the interval between database updates. The sizes have been reduced from 31MB to 8MB for Australia and 11MB down to 2MB for New Zealand. The update interval is also increased to align with the data update cycle from Airservices Australia (every 3 months) and Airways NZ (every 2 months). In the USA and Europe (and elsewhere) the update frequency is still every 28 days.
New Zealand pilots have access to the new IFIS briefing options (METAR, TAF, ARFOR) under Planning. The areas for your route will be automatically selected when accessing a pre-flight briefing. Your IFIS login can be entered under Settings, User Settings. Additionally, NZ pilots will see the airport ATIS under Terminal.
The following minor improvements and fixes have also been implemented;
- Delay times for a flight plan leg are displayed as n+n (enroute time, delay time) in the nav log
- When ‘fade to black’ is activated the screen is still visible and a message is displayed
- The LSALT calculator now understands previous legs to draw the correct DR boundary
- An LSALT/MEA can be calculated on a direct to leg
- The map will zoom to the plan when the departure or destination change in the plan quick edit panel.
- Center on location will remain turned on (and bounce back) when map is zoomed. The map will automatically unlock when panned.
- The distance and bearing to a location is displayed in the Nearest Items display when you tap on the map. The last selected item (All, Airports, Navaids etc) is remembered
- Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with times being displayed in 12 hour format
- Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with black background fields in some printouts
- Fixed an issue where using some stored routes would add duplicate waypoints
- Tuned the VFR LSALT calculator to use a fixed 10nm boundary
- Fixed an issue with abeam points being displayed in the HUD
- A plan is created when you try and edit a simple direct-to
- The glide planner and glide range correctly understands water
- Lots of layout fixes on iPhone
- Fix plate rotation on Terminal so a small rotation bounces back to the correct orientation
- Fixed intermittent GPS issues with external ADSB receivers
- Fixed an issue with aircraft syncing when syncing was disabled. Refresh buttons are also not present when syncing is disabled.
- Resolved an issue with may cause an intermittent ‘Subscription Expired’ message
As usual if you have any questions please contact us and we will be happy to assist.