Today we released AvPlan EFB 7.8.3 with some minor feature improvements and fixes. In this release
- The LSALT calculator also works for direct-to legs (with or without a flight plan active)
- Improvements in tracking for AvPlan Live
- Taxi fuel isn’t counted twice against your endurance
- Multi-leg flight plans work on the Windy display (Weather, Winds Aloft)
- The Windy display is scaled larger
AvPlan EFB 7.7.9 is now available in the App Store. In this release we have added a new IR satellite overlay, and for Pro subscribers, a ceiling and visibility forecast layer. The ceiling overlay shows areas of marginal VFR (blue), and IFR (red). The forecast looks out 12 hours into the future.
The lightning overlay also shows the time since it was last updated, so you will now know how current that data is. The lightning overlay only shows strikes which occurred in the last 10 minutes.
Legends are also available for most overlays. Tap the text or icon for the overlay to view the legend.
For Pro users we have also added a button on the airfield details page which allows you to overlay a geo-referenced map directly on the map.
We have also made changes to the synthetic vision HUD. The pitch ladder isn’t displayed when no AHRS is present and we have made the responsiveness a great deal smoother.
Additionally we have resolved a number of issues;
- The fuel type labels now correctly reflect the fuel type (USG, KG, Lbs)
- Resolve an issue when emailing map annotations
- Fix an issue which prevented some plans being emailed or syncing correctly
- Fix an issue where waypoints could be missing from an FPL export
- We won’t highlight numbers in a NOTAM when it isn’t a phone number
- Fix an issue uploading plans to the Dynon SkyView
Yesterday AIP SUP H132/18 went into effect which amends the recommended altitudes when transiting airspace south of Melbourne Airport, and when transiting to the west of Moorabbin.
The recommended altitudes when flying from Laverton BOM tower eastbound to Station Pier are now 1500ft, and westbound from Station Pier are 2000ft.
When transiting past Moorabbin, the recommended altitudes are now 1500ft southbound, and 2500 ft northbound.
As per the AIP-SUP, chart updates will not be officially provided until the next chart update in May 2019. Because of the safety impact, we have amended the charts within AvPlan EFB to reflect these urgent changes.
We have incorporated these changes into the Mega VFR chart and these changes are now available for download.
To download this amended chart section;
- Open AvPlan EFB and navigate to Settings, Data Downloads, Other Downloads
- Scroll down and delete the South East Australia MegaVFR download
- Download that chart section again
- Go to Enroute and tap the Map Selection button and re-select the MegaVFR chart.
Once you do that you should see the corrections applied to your chart.