AvPlan EFB 5.0 is our largest single release so far since the launch of AvPlan back in August 2011. In addition we launch a new website and a new subscription engine. The new website is designed to show you all there is to know about AvPlan EFB in the various regions we support. Our new subscription engine allows you to quickly and easily purchase a subscription in your local currency, and with auto-renewals, you can be sure you always have access to AvPlan EFB.
The goals around AvPlan EFB 5.0 was to cement AvPlan EFB’s status as the go-to electronic flight bag in the United States, Australia and New Zealand. It is now much easier to setup and get started and our website and user manuals are now completely updated to also give you the information you need to get going. We hope you are as happy with the result as we are. AvPlan EFB 5.0 will give you an additional two weeks to re-try the app if you have downloaded it before, but never subscribed. We know you’ll love what we’ve done.
The new features in AvPlan EFB are;
- IFIS flight plan filing in New Zealand now sends your phone number for IFR plans
- More comments in the app around creating and editing the aircraft details
- The aircraft models on the website now also appear under Settings, Aircraft Type Database. Just tap on a model to automatically import it. Aircraft models are now verified prior to publishing them on our website.
- New help view when entering a flight plan. This will not appear once your device has 10 flight plans
- You can now change the aircraft pointer color (the orange dotted line)
- If you cancel the pop-up asking you which area you are in for winds, the winds will be disabled. Tap the flag under the flight plan to re-enable winds
- We auto-zoom to your plan when you open a new plan, or add waypoints to your plan (in Plan mode)
- When importing an existing aircraft model, you will be prompted to delete, merge or cancel the model import.
- Fixed missing altitudes when importing a previously filed flight plan
- When you transition into internet connectivity, AvPlan EFB will try and update forecasts immediately rather than wait for 15 minutes since the last attempt to pass. This means you are more likely to have up-to-date weather on your device
- Fixes to the fuel loads printed on the load sheet
- If the weather database becomes corrupted, it will be automatically deleted
- We check your login state at initial launch and flag to you if your password is incorrect.
- New password change options under Settings, User Settings, Username
- VOR frequencies are printed correctly on the flight plan (trailing .0 added)
- Lots of improvements to make the iPad 1 faster
- You can re-order load stations in the aircraft weight and balance profile
- More error checking when submitting flight plans via DUAT
- Increased METAR density on the maps.
- Fixed route distances on the ‘select route’ page
- When flying VFR, the ‘select route’ page does not appear. If you are flying Night VFR, turn IFR on during planning, then tap VFR before submitting your plan
- When you have submitted a flight plan, the response text is visible when you go back into the Submit Flight Plan section.
- We have moved the ruler away from your fingers so you can see where you are measuring. Tap and hold with two fingers to bring up the ruler.
- SIGMET’s are not quite so orange
- When editing a user waypoint and searching by street address, if you don’t select an address we will not clear the lat/long of the original waypoint
- You can annotate all pages of a multi-page plate under Terminal (Australian ERSA for example)
- You can change the HUD items on iPhone 6, 6+
- There is now the option to add 6 minute markers on the route
- You can view the state of a SIGMET on iPhone
- Geo-referencing on rotated plates work, and these can also be overlaid on the maps
- The HSI scales correctly, and can be repositioned anywhere on the iPad screen
- Met-Jet logins will be saved for future use
- When searching for waypoints, AvPlan will search by ident and by name automatically
- Flight plan syncing, aircraft syncing now quite a deal faster
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or our various support phone numbers worldwide.