AvPlan EFB 4.0.2 is now available in the Apple App Store. In this release we have added the ability for flight plans to sync automatically – they will automatically import on your other devices and be ready for use. We are finding that more and more people are carrying multiple iPad’s for use in flight (which even CASA recommend you do), and this is yet another way we are making using multiple devices simpler to use.
To enable Flight Plan Syncing, open AvPlan EFB and tap Settings, User Settings and enable Sync Flight Plans.
Don’t forget that you can use the same AvPlan EFB subscription on all your iPad’s and iPhones (and soon to be Android tablets as well).
In this release, AvPlan EFB will prompt you every few weeks if Notifications are turned off. If you do not enable Notifications in AvPlan, you will not be warned of data updates, and flight plan and aircraft model syncing will not function. To check you have Notifications enabled, open the Settings app, and tap Notification Center. Make sure that AvPlan is included for Badges and Banners.
In addition we have resolved the following issues;
- Aircraft models with multiple advanced fuel tanks (Lear 35 for example)
- Airspace highlighting is disabled when airspace warnings are disabled
- Waypoint save button now is back on iPhone
- Fixed funny map size on iPhone > iOS 7
- SIGMET buttons are back
- User LSALT’s are not removed when flight plans are synced
- Weather loading fixes in the USA
- BRG display in HUD fixed
- Fixes for TAF, METAR and TFR import for the USA
- Background download fixes
- NZ MetFlight logins are actually saved now (was somewhat intermittent before)
- Improved pattern matching for place names in Planning, Winds and SPFIB briefings
- Fixed linking issues for some AOPA airports
- Fixes for printing NAIPS submission
Work is progressing on the next major AvPlan EFB release, which includes some really neat new features, some of which we have seen as regular feedback in the AvPlan survey (If you haven’t completed the survey, do it now for the chance to win $500 worth of prizes!).