Tapping the Devices button will bring up the Download Sync menu.
When AvPlan EFB sees that the data is available from a local source (i.e. another iPad or iPhone on the same WiFi network), that source will be automatically chosen over downloading via the internet. This reduces the amount of data downloaded by only needing to download it once.
Data can either be pushed from a master device to other devices, or the necessary data can be pulled to your device from another device on the network.
To use Download Sharing:
- Ensure your devices are connected to the same WiFi access point.
- Ensure all devices are open to the Data Downloads page. Then tap Settings > Data Downloads > Devices.
- Switch the Enable Download Sync to ON (switch will turn green). The devices will need a few moments to quietly contact each other and work out what elements each has currently stored. After this has occurred (this may take up to a minute or two depending on device types), any nearby devices in this state will be listed.
- To send data from a master device to another:
- Select the destination device from the list.
- Tap Send Data To Device.
- The receiving device will show a list of downloads and progress icons.
- To pull data from another device, tap an area and select Download, or tap Update. If that region is present on the master device, the requesting device will get the data from the local source in preference to the internet.
Need more help with this?
Help Centre (Tap and hold to open the Link)
Thanks for your feedback.