AvPlan EFB 7.4.2 is now available from the App Store as a free update for all subscribers. In this maintenance release we have
- Updated the Text pane with a much improved document navigation layout
- Updated the DropBox interface to support folders
- AvPlan EFB now downloads briefings automatically again. You can also double tap the map to view an Area Forecast.
- You can double tap the route to display and hide the LSALT view/calculator
- We’ve resolved some performance issues with the temporary restricted area display
Data updates valid from the 22nd of June 2017 are now available for download.
For Australian pilots there are updated Country Airstrip Guide pages for download.
For New Zealand pilots there is an updated AIP SUP.
For US pilots there are updated Sectional, IFR enroute charts plus new AFD and terminal procedures for download.
All updates can be downloaded by opening AvPlan EFB and tapping Settings, Data Downloads, Update. Data will download in the background and automatically switch over at midnight on Wednesday night.
AvPlan EFB 7.3.10 is now available from the Apple App Store as a free update for all users. In this release we introduce wireless flight plan beaming from Command Flight Planner to AvPlan EFB! Flight plans can now be prepared in Command Flight Planner and with a touch of a button, the plan is sent to all your devices running AvPlan EFB. Command Flight Planner is supported for Australian pilots only.
Learn more about flight plan beaming at http://www.avplan-efb.com/cfp/cfp-8-5-1-flight-plan-sync/
Additionally we have added support for the Avidyne IFD440/540/550 running software version 10.2. AvPlan EFB can wirelessly upload and download flight plans and user waypoints from these Avidyne panel mount navigators. AvPlan EFB will also use the GPS position from the Avidyne automatically.
Lastly, AvPlan EFB 7.3.10 adds the following changes;
- The PCA legend is now found under Text
- The plain text TAF parser now understands winds over 100knots (tropical cyclones)
- The glide calculator now ignores helicopter landing sites
- Fix for international briefings and flight plan filing
We’re pleased to announce that Command Flight Planner 8.5.1 is now available. This release adds the ability to wirelessly beam flight plans from your desktop computer to your mobile devices running AvPlan EFB. Current customers can update to the new release by opening Command Flight Planner on your computer and downloading the update.
Once installed, there is a new button to beam the flight plan to AvPlan EFB (with the AvPlan EFB icon). Before you start, configure AvPlan EFB on your devices to accept flight plans;
- Make sure ‘flight plan sync’ is enabled within AvPlan EFB (Settings, User Settings).
- Make note of your email address under Settings, User Settings, Username.
- Configure your aircraft details to be the same (callsign etc).
To beam a flight plan to AvPlan EFB from Command Flight Planner;
- Create a flight plan in CFP
- Tap the AvPlan EFB button
- You will be prompted to save the flight plan if it isn’t saved
- Enter the email address you use with AvPlan EFB.
- Click Export.
The flight plan will be wirelessly beamed to all your devices running AvPlan EFB. In a company setting, multiple email addresses can be entered, and plans sent easily to each address as required.
New to Command Flight Planner?
To get started with Command Flight Planner, head to www.commandsoftware.com.au and either download the demonstration edition or purchase the software. For a limited time purchase Command Flight Planner for just $99 for the first year. Use the coupon code SYNC at checkout.
Returning to Command Flight Planner?
If you are a returning Command Flight Planner customer, head to www.commandsoftware.com.au and renew your update service for just $99.
Data updates valid from the 27th of April are now available for download. For US pilots there are updated Sectional, IFR High and Low charts, plus approach procedures. For Australian pilots there are updated DAP pages to download (Airservices Australia sent out some charts in black and white and not colour). For New Zealand pilots there is an updated VNC chart which adds Major Island.
AvPlan EFB 7.3.9 is now available in the Apple App Store as a free update for all users.
This release adds support for sending flight plans wirelessly from Command Flight Planner. Users of Command Flight Planner on a Windows PC will soon be able to tap a button and send a completed flight plan into AvPlan EFB on their iPad or iPhone.
Head to www.commandsoftware.com.au to download Command Flight Planner or to update your subscription. A new release of Command Flight Planner will be available in the coming week.
Additionally we have solved the following issues some users had experienced;
- When you tap on the map with no plan loaded, helicopter landing sites will be an option
- Fixed a date parsing issue around the beginning of the month
- European airport diagrams and instrument approach procedures are now geo-referenced and will overlay on the maps.
- There is a fix for ADSB weather for US pilots.